LeoVegas entered the sports betting market in 2016, four years after its exemplary casino product launched. The sportsbook uses the Kambi platform for its front end user interface and wide range of betting markets.
- Bonuses, free bets, and competitions for existing customers
- Mobile version is excellent
- Personalised betting experience
- Desktop site is basic compared to mobile
- Can be too casino-focused
|Game Types||Sportsbook, Casino, Live Casino|
|Deposit methods||Visa, MasterCard, Paysafecard, iDebit, Interac, Instadebit, MuchBetter, Bank Transfer|
|Withdrawal methods||Visa, MasterCard, iDebit, Interac, Instadebit, MuchBetter, Bank Transfer|
|Betting functions||Live betting, cash out, bet builder|
|Casino game types||Slots, table games, poker|
|Casino provider||NetEnt, Microgaming, Playtech, Evolution Gaming and others|
|Support||Live chat, phone, email|
|Owner||LeoVegas Gaming plc|
LeoVegas pros and cons
LeoVegas was founded in Sweden in 2011, initially focusing on mobile casino and gaming, hence the mention of Vegas in the name.
In 2016, the sportsbook was launched in time for the UEFA Euro 2016 soccer tournament in Europe.
- Bonuses, free bets, and competitions for existing customers. There are often promotions taking place for multiple sports.
- Mobile version is excellent - so much so that LeoVegas won Mobile Operator of the Year in 2019.
- Personalised experience, with the ability to add favourites and alter various settings.
- Desktop site does not look very slick and has basic functionality.
- Market selection is limited versus some competitors.
- There is a lot to like about the LeoVegas casino and sportsbook. The sports betting section of LeoVegas has regular promotions in addition to the fantastic welcome bonus, and special bets are listed on the site each day.
- LeoVegas is a classy operator all-round. Functionality is great especially on mobile, and customer support is first class. There are also plenty of banking options.
- The desktop betting site is nothing to shout about, but it is straightforward enough to navigate, and if you're not too bothered about aesthetics, this is the least of your worries!
LeoVegas uses Kambi’s software for its sports betting platform, which helps the bookie list thousands of events every day, including in-play wagers.
Compared to other Canadian betting sites, the LeoVegas desktop website is quite basic, and doesn’t show many events at first glance, which is largely due to its mobile-first approach.
Only the middle column of the website is used, with a stock image in the background and taking up the left and right-hand side of the screen.
The looping banner along the top of the home page shows multiple promotions and features of LeoVegas, and clicking on one of them will show more information.
There are special offers for various sports, including for existing customers who can scoop free bets and enter competitions for big prizes.
LeoVegas offer weekly free bets and profit boots on association football (soccer).
Within the rather narrow home page that is clearly optimised more for mobile, there are two columns, each with two tabs that can be toggled between. The left column features live and upcoming events, and users can choose to view one particular sport under these categories by selecting one in the toolbar.
The right column features a ‘My Favourites’ section where bettors can add up to 10 favourite sports. It also contains specials such as trending parlay bets, season bets, and ‘Leo Boosts’ with enhanced odds on games soon to take place.
If you want to go to a certain sport or league, there is a ‘Browse Sports’ icon which will allow you to do so. Popular sports such as American football, basketball, and tennis are prominent, whilst surfing, trotting and volleyball are also there.
LeoVegas welcome bonus
New customers only. For Canadian residents. Minimum deposit is $10. Only the player’s first deposit will be counted towards the promotion. Bonus is forfeited if withdrawal is made before wagering is complete. T&Cs apply.
The LeoVegas welcome bonus allows new customers to claim up to $1,000 upon the first deposit, plus a free bet of up to $75.
How to claim the LeoVegas new customer offer:
- Click 'Claim' and register with LeoVegas.
- Select the New Player Sports Welcome Offer on sign-up and deposit at least $10.
- Wager the deposit amount 5 times at minimum odds of 1.8 (4/5).
LeoVegas free bet breakdown
💰 Deposit between $50 and $99 to unlock a $10 Free Bet.
💰 Deposit between $100 and $249 to unlock a $25 Free Bet.
💰 Deposit between $250 and $10,000 will unlock a $75 Free Bet.
- The New Player Sports Welcome Offer is only available to new players who have never played at LeoVegas, who are resident in Canada, who signed up to LeoVegas via the correct affiliate/partner link, and who have selected the New Player Sports Welcome Offer on sign-up.
- This offer is available from the 15th of June 2021 until further notice.
- To be eligible to claim the New Player Sports Offer players must deposit at least $10.
- The player has 14 days from registration to place a deposit and 7 days to wager towards the New Player Sports Welcome Offer; only the player’s first deposit will count towards the promotion.
- The offer is not applied automatically. Players must claim the offer on the Offer Card, place a deposit, and then meet the wagering requirements in order to unlock the offer.
- To benefit from the offer, all players must wager the deposit amount 5 times at minimum odds of 1.8 (4/5).
- Players whose first deposit is between $10 and $10,000 will unlock an extra 100% of their deposit amount in withdrawable cash funds. Furthermore, players whose first deposit is between $50 and $99 will unlock a $10 Free Bet; players whose first deposit is between $100 and $249 will unlock a $25 Free Bet; and players whose first deposit is between $250 and $10,000 will unlock a $75 Free Bet.
- The withdrawable cash reward is not released until the wagering requirement has been met.
- Bets placed with real money funds deposited whilst a New Player Sport Welcome Offer is open and being wagered towards will contribute to the wagering of that offer.
For full LeoVegas welcome bonus T&Cs, visit LeoVegas.
LeoVegas Casino Bonus Offer
The Casino Welcome Offer must be activated within 14 days of joining. After that, you have 7 days to wager your offer and claim your reward. Free Spins are only available on Book of Dead and are worth $0.10 each.
LeoVegas is most known for its online casino - and new Canadian players are able to claim up to $1000 as a deposit bonus, as well as up to 200 extra free spins.
How to claim the LeoVegas Casino bonus:
- Click 'Claim' and register with LeoVegas, selecting the 'Casino Welcome Offer'.
- Go to the ‘My Offers’ page and click ‘Deposit’.
- Make a deposit and wager 20x.
- Receive your bonus money plus free spins.
- The New Player Casino Welcome Offer is only available to new players who have never played at LeoVegas, who signed up to LeoVegas via the correct affiliate/partner link, who register an account at LeoVegas from the 15th of June 2021 until further notice and who have selected the New Player Casino Welcome Offer on sign-up.
- The player has 14 days from registration to claim their New Player Casino Welcome Offer.
- In order to receive the New Player Casino Welcome Offer cash Free Spins and Matched Deposit Cash Reward, the player needs to make a deposit and meet the wagering requirements to activate, after which the cash Free Spins and the Matched Deposit Cash Reward are available.
- The New Player Casino Welcome Offer cash Free Spins must be used within 3 days of being claimed. Winnings from those cash Free Spins are instantly credited to the player’s real money balance that can be withdrawn.
- When playing towards the wagering for the New Player Casino Welcome Offer, the player’s deposited funds will be used, until the wagering requirement is met, and the cash funds & Free Spins are unlocked to be claimed.
- The player needs to fulfil the wagering requirement of the New Player Casino Welcome Offer within 7 days from the date the deposit has been made.
- Bets made with real money funds deposited during the wagering of the New Player Casino Welcome Offer will contribute towards the wagering of the offer.
- Players who do not wish to use the New Player Casino Welcome Offer can either decline the offer via the Offer Card as shown on the players ‘My Offers’ page, or allow the offer to expire.
- The player will need to wager their New Player Casino Welcome Offer 20 times using real money before they can claim and withdraw the Cash Reward and use the Free Spins.
For full LeoVegas Casino bonus T&Cs, visit LeoVegas Casino.
LeoVegas Canada FAQs
🇨🇦 Is there a LeoVegas sportsbook available to Canadians?
There is indeed! LeoVegas may be more known for its casino product, but they also offer sports betting and Canadians can set up an account and claim the welcome offer.
🤝 Can I trust LeoVegas Canada?
It is as trustworthy as any other major bookmaker. It is fully regulated and licensed by the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority.
🤔 Will I have to provide LeoVegas with proof of ID?
You may be required to provide documents such as a copy of your passport at the deposit and/or withdrawal stage. During registration, you must provide a valid home address and contact details.
⏳ How long does it take for withdrawals to process on LeoVegas?
It depends on your preferred payment method. With e-wallets it can be instant, whereas other methods such as bank transfers take longer.
💬 Does LeoVegas offer 24/7 customer support to Canadians?
Yes - you can contact them at any time via live chat, phone or email.
🎁 What promotions and offers do existing LeoVegas customers get?
These can change over time, but the LeoVegas promotions section is often filled with intriguing deals such as free bets and competitions.
Unsurprisingly, the mobile version of LeoVegas Canada flows beautifully, and is the optimal way to use the sportsbook.
The interface is the same across all versions of LeoVegas, which can be accessed via an internet browser as well as the iOS or Android app.
A myriad of awards have been handed out to LeoVegas for their mobile product in recent years, including the 2019 Best Mobile Operator of the Year at the International Gaming Awards.
Bet selections for live and upcoming events can easily be added to your slip with one click, and the sportsbook is easy to move around by navigating through the various sports and features.
Use the LeoVegas mobile app for the best experience.
Along the bottom of the site and app sits a bar with icons that can be used for searches, open bets, and more information on free bets.
The mobile site allows access to all areas of LeoVegas, and there are separate apps for casino products.
LeoVegas Sports Betting
Live betting is a major part of LeoVegas, and generally the sports with the most events taking place each day are soccer and tennis. Basketball, hockey and cricket are also available regularly.
Many other pastimes such as futsal, floorball and even chess are listed on the site. For Canadians who enjoy live betting, the below sports are among those that are of particular interest.
🏈 LeoVegas American Football
The money line, point spread and total points markets are available on games from the NFL, CFL and NCAAF. For games that are a few days out, more options will appear, such as alternative point spread, and game props like first team to 10 points and last team to score. The variety is solid, but may not be enough for seasoned football bettors.
🏀 LeoVegas Basketball
Basketball games from the NBA as well as across Europe and the rest of the world have odds on LeoVegas. Spreads can be adjusted, and outright bets can also be wagered. Fans can back the Rookie of the Year, NBA finalists, and go over or under the line on total wins per team.
⚽ LeoVegas Soccer
At any point during the day, there is a good chance some soccer betting markets can be wagered on through the LeoVegas live betting section. It is among the sports on the site with the most depth in terms of quality of league, with everything from the English Premier League down to the Estonian Under-19s. Markets go way beyond just the match winner, but the higher profile the match, the more bets available.
🎾 LeoVegas Tennis
Tennis season lasts almost all year, with the only break taking place through December. During this time, a multitude of events take place across men’s, women’s, juniors, singles, doubles and even wheelchair tennis. There are no ties in tennis, and there are lots of variables, which makes it a hugely popular sport to bet on, and LeoVegas make that easy with a great live betting offering, plus free bets and profit boosts.
The vision of LeoVegas when it was established in 2011 was to create the ultimate mobile gaming experience, and since then it has seen rapid growth, with over 900 employees now working at the company.
It is positioned as number one in mobile casino, and in 2016 it entered the sports betting market, with the quick loading times on mobile helping it become a key player in live betting.
The company headquarters are in Stockholm, Sweden, and the Nordic countries are among LeoVegas’ core markets along with the UK and other European nations.