As one of Australia's newest betting sites (launched 2019), PlayUp is quickly making a name for itself as one of the best, especially among professional punters. PlayUp has a modern 'mobile-first' approach and we think their mobile site and betting apps are among the best in Australia. With a helpful customer support team, a top fantasy betting platform in Draftstars, and the best-fixed odds offerings in Australia, PlayUp is a great choice for both serious and casual punters who are looking for high odds without all of the gimmicky features of other bookies.
PlayUp Pros & Cons
- 100% Aussie-owned
- Great fixed odds & lines
- Fast & simple betting app
- Built for mobile
- Fewer betting features
|Game Types||Sportbook, Fanatsy Sports|
|Deposit methods||Visa, MasterCard, POLi, BPAY, Bank Transfer|
|Withdrawal methods||Bank Transfer|
|Betting functions||Live Betting, Multi Betting, Fantasy Sports Betting|
|Apps||Apple (App Store), Android (PlayUp website)|
|Support||Live Chat, Email, Free Phone, Phone Betting, Post|
|Owner||PlayUp Interactive Pty Ltd|
In the last couple of years, PlayUp Australia has undergone some huge changes.
PlayUp acquired the Australian betting sites MadBookie, TopBetta, and ClassicBet in 2018 and 2019 and since then they have become one of Australia's newest betting sites, launching their own sportsbook and betting apps in 2019. PlayUp betting is also offered in the US, India, and New Zealand and plans to continue expanding as well as becoming listed on the ASX and NASDAQ.
PlayUp Australia is also looking to revolutionise betting payments and will soon be offering the world’s first fully integrated, blockchain-enabled sports community with their PlayChip currency.
While they haven't been around for long, PlayUp has already established themselves as one of Australia's best betting sites consistently offering Australian's the best-fixed odds, some of the best betting apps, and the best fantasy sports betting platform without any of the low-value features that many other big betting sites offer to less-educated punters.
Overall, PlayUp offers markets for all Australian and New Zealand races - with Australia's best fixed odds prices & Best Tote + SP odds. For sports, PlayUp has some of the highest lines, proposition, and futures markets for 20+ different sports. You'll also find same game multi options for the NFL.
Why we like PlayUp ✅
- PlayUp is one of the few competitive Australian-owned betting sites
- PlayUp has great fixed odds and lines making it especially popular with professional bettors
- PlayUp has fast, simple, and easy betting websites and apps that focus on quality over quantity
Why we don't like PlayUp ❌
- The PlayUp website was built for mobile so the desktop version is not very exciting
- PlayUp offers fewer betting features than other bookies eg. no live streaming or play by play graphics
PlayUp Rating: 9/10 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Latest PlayUp Promo
Bet on either Petracca or Oliver to get the Norm Smith Medal in Saturday's 2021 AFL Grand Final and get boosted odds of $4.00 with PlayUp! Read more
What you'll find in this PlayUp review
PlayUp Australia FAQ
📋 Why should I choose PlayUp?
There are so many reasons to choose PlayUp Australia so we have gone ahead and listed some of the best ones below:
- PlayUp's iPhone and Android betting apps are Australian owned and we think they are among Australia's best
- PlayUp is a new betting site which has a unique and easy to use design
- PlayUp almost always has Australia's best-fixed odds for racing and sports betting
- PlayUp accepts bets on over 250,000 sports events every year and is particularly good for Esports, US sports, AFL, NRL and racing betting
- PlayUp has an Australian gambling license and is trusted by over 425,000 people in the four countries that they operate (Australia, New Zealand, India and the US)
- PlayUp's fantasy sports betting platform, Draftstars, is Australia's best fantasy betting site (according to our experts)
- PlayUp acquired Aussie betting sites TopBetta, MadBookie and ClassicBet so you know that they are successful and serious about creating an awesome betting site
- PlayUp is revolutionising betting payments and will soon be offering the world’s first fully-integrated, blockchain-enabled sports community with their PlayChip currency
📲 Does PlayUp have a betting app?
They sure do.
PlayUp's betting apps are our favourite Australian betting apps.
PlayUp's betting apps can be downloaded for free from the App Store for Apple devices and directly from the PlayUp website for Android devices.
We like PlayUp's apps because they are new, fast, easy to navigate and uncomplicated. You'll find all the top Australian and international sports and racing markets in the PlayUp app menu and you'll also be able to search for more obscure and less popular markets using their search function.
❓ What is PlayUp?
First and foremost, PlayUp is an Australian betting site.
Not only is PlayUp an Australian betting site but they have betting apps, betting tips and fantasy betting available through their daily fantasy sports (DFS) betting platform Draftstars.
PlayUp has four main products, the PlayUp betting sportsbook, racebook, fantasy sports and e-sports. These can all be accessed through the PlayUp Australia betting site.
PlayUp launched their betting site and apps in Australia in 2019 but they also offer some of their products to customers in New Zealand, India and the USA.
💼 Who owns PlayUp?
PlayUp is owned by PlayUp Interactive Pty Ltd.
The CEO of PlayUp is Daniel Simic.
PlayUp owns former Australian betting sites TopBetta, MadBookie and ClassicBet as well as the daily fantasy sports betting platform Draftstars.
🏇 Are PlayUp's fixed odds really Australia's best?
PlayUp claims to have Australia's best-fixed odds.
From everything that we've seen this may well be true. PlayUp Australia offers some of the best odds for pre-match bets on racing, sports and fantasy sports. PlayUp's lines are especially competitive for American sports where you'll often find one side being offered at $2.00 and the other at $1.92.
If you are looking for the very best odds we recommend also checking Bet365 Australia. Bet365's live betting platform is the best in Australia so you're likely to find the best live odds on their site.
🔮 What is PlayUp fantasy?
PlayUp fantasy is available via its daily fantasy sports (DFS) brand Draftstars. Draftstars is the biggest and best fantasy sports betting platform in Australia and it is also one of India's biggest fantasy sports providers.
On Draftstars you can play against your friends in a private match or against other Draftsars players from around the world.
There are over 15 fantasy sports on Draftstars including AFL, NRL, NBA, NFL, NHL, EPL and Racing.
PlayUp fantasy offerings include:
- Classic - Chose a sport and create your line up. You'll get points in traditional fantasy fashion, the more points that you get the more money you'll win. This is where you'll find the biggest Draftstars prize pools.
- Head-to-Head - Compete against your friends or against other Draftsars players in one vs one contests. Only the best player will walk away with the winnings.
- Rapid Fire - A game that is unique to Draftstars. Pick which player will score more Draftstars points in an individual player matchup. If you get 3/5 correct picks you will walk away with 1.8x your stake, if you get 5/5 correct picks you'll leave with 20x your stake.
- Tip King - Coming soon. For each round of each sport on Draftstars someone will win the title of tipping king.
PlayUp acquired Draftstars in from CrownBet in 2018 and it now boasts over 300,000 players.
✍️ What does PlayUp have to do with MadBookie, TopBetta & ClassicBet?
PlayUp Australia acquired MadBookie, TopBetta and ClassicBet in 2018-19. This means that all Madbookie, TopBetta and ClassicBet customers must use PlayUp instead.
If you used to bet with one of these bookies then you'll find that your existing username, password and account information, including account balance, will now be accessible on the PlayUp site.
💰 How do you get PlayUp Bonus Bets?
Because of Australia's strict betting laws, betting sites like PlayUp cannot advertise sign-up bonuses like bonus bets to punters who are not customers.
PlayUp Australia launched its Android and Apple betting apps in 2019 and they already have over 100,000 app downloads. As such you can be sure that their apps are modern and easy to use with plenty of great functions and features to make your mobile betting experience a 10 out of 10.
We think that the PlayUp betting app is one of the best Australian betting apps
You can download the PlayUp App for free from the Apple store if you use an iOS device.
If you are an Android user, the PlayUp app is also free to download but you have to get it from the PlayUp website. You'll find PlayUp's download link at the bottom of their homepage.
PlayUp App Pros ✅
- A modern app built for the modern user with plenty of scrolling and swiping options
- Simple layout with intuitive navigation
- Free to download for both Apple and Android devices
- Access to PlayUp's full range of live and pre-match betting odds
- Single wallet between Playup's betting site and their fantasy betting platform Draftstars
- Conveniently place live bets by calling PlayUp with your mobile
- Pin code, Touch ID and Face ID log-in supported
- Live countdown for upcoming races and In-Play sports
PlayUp App Cons ❌
- Just like their website, the range of sports markets for more niched events is a little low
Play Up App Review ⚖️
Everything you get on the PlayUp betting site is available on one of PlayUp's mobile betting apps. You can place pre-match and live bets, verify your account, deposit and withdraw, place live bets over the phone and read tips on the PlayBook with the PlayUp app. While there are other excellent betting apps out there, we think PlayUp is one of the best Australian betting apps because it is new, super intuitive, really fast, and very easy to use.
Having some trouble downloading the PlayUp Android app? Follow these steps:
- On your Android device, tap on the 'Get the PlayUp app' button below
- Create a PlayUp account by tapping 'Join Now'
- Tap on the 'Download for Android' button at the bottom of the PlayUp homepage
- Go to 'Downloads' via the notification bar or head to the 'Downloads' section
- Tap 'playup.apk' to install the PlayUp app
No luck? Make sure your phone's settings are updated:
- Open your 'Settings'
- Go to 'Security'
- Tick 'Unknown Sources'
- Go to 'Downloads' via the notification bar or head to the 'Downloads' section
- Tap 'playup.apk' to install
PlayUp may not be one of Australia's major TAB's nor is it specially well-known as a top Australian racing bookie but this doesn't take away from the fact that it almost always has the best-fixed odds for Australian racing.
We think that it's only a matter of time before Aussies start to see PlayUp as one of the best Australian horse racing sites
PlayUp has odds for every Australian thoroughbred, greyhound and harness racing meet as well as odds for international races in New Zealand, Japan, Sweden, the UK and plenty of other countries.
This means that no matter the time of the day, you will be able to have a flutter on PlayUp.
With Australia's best fixed odds, PlayUp's racing site is one of the best in Australia
Like any good racing betting site, form and statistics are available on PlayUp for all Australian races and most international meets as well.
In terms of racing bonuses, PlayUp Australia is restricted by what they can advertise due to Australian betting regulations against enticing new customers to bet.
To see what all the hype is about and to make sure we aren't pulling your leg about just how good PlayUp's racing betting site is take a look yourself.
PlayUp Live Betting
Australian betting legislation requires all of Australia's live bets to be placed over the phone.
Call 1800 888 001 to place a live bet with PlayUp
The range of markets available for live betting on PlayUp is good but not excellent. You'll find all of the available in-play markets in the sports section of the PlayUp betting site. You'll know that the event is live because the countdown timer will show 0 minutes meaning the match has already started.
If the match can be bet on live, you'll see that the odds are displayed, and constantly updating.
- Create a PlayUp account by clicking on the button below and signing up
- Find a live market by heading to the sports tab and looking for matches that are already in-play but that still have their odds displayed
- If you're on the PlayUp website simply use your phone to dial the PlayUp phone betting number (1800 888 001). If you're on your mobile, click the live betting phone number on the side of the screen to make a call
How to Use PlayUp
PlayUp is a modern bookmaker and as you would expect they make signing-up and betting really easy. Below we have outlined everything you'll need to know about using PlayUp Australia, from the sign-up process to logging in, verifying your account, depositing and withdrawing and, of course, placing bets.
1. PlayUp Betting Sign-Up
Whether you choose to join PlayUp on your mobile phone or desktop computer you'll find that the process is the same:
- Click on one of the buttons on this page to go to the PlayUp website
- Select the green 'Join Now' button on the PlayUp site
- Enter your details and create a username and password
- Hit 'Create Account' and you're away laughing
- Given Name
- Home Address
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- Deposit Limit
Creating a PlayUp account is super easy and takes less effort than shopping online
2. PlayUp Betting Log In
Logging into your PlayUp account is as easy as you would expect, just enter your username and password and hit Login.
If you've forgotten your PlayUp account password you can enter your username, first and last name and your date of birth to recover your password via email. If you've forgotten your user ID then you can enter your email and date of birth to recover it.
If you are using a secure device to log in to PlayUp then we recommend saving your password and username to make logging in even quicker.
3. PlayUp Betting Verification
Like all Australian betting sites, you have 14 days to verify your account before you will not be able to place any more bets. This is required of all Australian betting sites by Australian betting legislation.
If you do not verify your PlayUp account in time, don't worry you can still log in to the PlayUp site and verify your account later.
Do note that before you can withdraw any winnings from PlayUp you will need to verify your account.
The PlayUp verification process is simple:
To verify you PlayUp account complete the following steps:
- Head to My Account and then select Profile
- If your account is unverified you will see a button that says 'Verify Account', click it
- The information you entered when signing up will be checked automatically - if automatic verification is unsuccessful you will need to do it manually
- Select the sources of identification that you wish to use, enter the required information and select 'Submit Details'
Note that there are a variety of different identification sources that you can choose from.
- Driver's License
- Australian Passport
- Foreign Passport
- Australian Electoral Role
Your information will be sent to the relevant Australian authorities for verification and you generally only have to wait 1 or 2 days before your account is verified.
Note that depending on your choice of identification source, you will be prompted to provide additional supporting documents (like proof of address).
In general, you only have to submit information from two sources (1 proof of identification and 1 proof of address).
You will see all of your verification options on the Verification screen as well as a progress bar showing you how close to being verified your account.
PlayUp's manual verification process only needs to be completed if your details cannot be verified automatically
4. PlayUp Betting Payment Methods
One of the small downsides to using PlayUp is that they do not offer Australian's the same range of payment methods that other betting sites do. In saying this, PlayUp still gives you all the most popular betting payment options including Visa, Master Card, BPAY, POLi, paysafecard and Bank Transfer.
- Master Card
- Bank transfer (via EFT notification)
All deposit methods except bank transfers (48-72 hours) are instant. The minimum deposit is $10.
- Bank Transfer
Know that PlayUp withdrawals are processed after 1 pm AEST on weekdays and if your withdrawal request is received by 11 am AEST it will be processed on the same day. The average withdrawal time is 48-72 hours.
You'll find all of the PlayUp payment methods in the Banking section of your account
5. How to Bet on PlayUp Australia
Some betting sites like to pack their homepage full of sports and racing markets but PlayUp Australia takes a different, simpler approach.
On the PlayUp racing homepage, you'll see all of the horse and greyhound races that are 'Next to Jump'. Below this are a couple of popular racing futures options. The PlayUp sports homepage shows all of the live sports betting markets that are In-Play or Closing Soon.
To find one of the thousands of pre-match markets that you can bet on you'll have to use the menu on the left-hand side of the screen to choose your sport/league. All the most popular sports can be found in the Featured section, while all sports and races are located under the dropdown menu next to their respective tabs.
We selected "AFL Finals Week 1" from the Featured Menu to view all AFL finals week 1 matches
After you have selected a sport or league you will see all of the matches available for that choice. Select the MORE MARKETS button to view all of the bets you can place on this match.
To make a bet click the odds in one of the boxes. You will see that the bet appears in your bet slip (top right). Here you can add your stake and see what your potential returns are. You can also choose to use any bonus or boost offer that you have.
Click Confirm to place your bet, Clear to reset your bet stake or the red Rubbish Bin icon to delete your selection.
We wanted to place a $20 bet on the first scoring play in an AFL finals game between the Port Adelaide Power and Geelong Cats to be a Geelong Goal.
From the PlayUp homepage, we could have selected either 'AFL' from the dropdown list of sports on the left-hand side of the screen or selected 'AFL Finals Week 1' from the list of featured sports also on the left-hand side of the screen.
Once either was selected, we needed to find the match between Port Adelaide and Geelong. We scrolled until this match was visible and then clicked 'More Markets' to see all the bets we could place on this match.
To find the odds for First Scoring Play Bets we scrolled until we saw the First Scoring Play tab and then clicked on this tab.
Our options were revealed and they were:
|Port Adelaide Power Goal||3.30|
|Geelong Cats Goal||3.60|
|Port Adelaide Power Behind||3.60|
|Geelong Cats Behind||3.90|
Next, we clicked on the box with odds 3.60 next to the Geelong Cats Goal text.
Our bet slip opened and we entered a stake of $20 on this bet.
Our potential return on this bet is $72.00.
Daily fantasy sports (DFS) betting is the fastest growing form of betting in Australia and around the world. PlayUp acquired the fantasy sports betting platform Draftstars from Crownbet in 2018 and since then PlayUp's fantasy sports betting has been available on the Draftstars website and Draftstars apps.
Over 300,000 people currently use Draftstars making it Australia's favourite fantasy sports betting site
As a fantasy betting platform, Draftstars lets you play against friends, or other Draftstars players from around the world in private matches, leagues or head to head competitions.
There is no season-long commitment with Draftstars, you can play daily, weekly or season-long games as you wish.
There are over 15 different leagues with fantasy sports offerings on Draftstars and a variety of different games you can play from classic fantasy to head to head and rapid-fire games.
The most popular fantasy sports available on PlayUp's fantasy sports platform are the AFL, NRL, NBA, NFL, NHL, EPL and Racing.
- Classic - If you've played fantasy before then this is the mode that you'll be most familiar with. Select a sport or league and create your line up. You get points based on how your players perform that week. The more points you get the more money you win. The biggest Draftstars prize pools can be won here.
- Head-to-Head - A one vs. one competition where you play against your friends or against other Draftsars players. The winner takes home the winnings.
- Rapid Fire - Draftstars' very own fantasy game. Draftstars will give you 5 head-to-head matchups for your selected sport. You choose which player in each matchup will score more Draftstars points that week. Get 3/5 correct picks and you will receive 1.8x your stake. Get 5/5 correct picks you'll win 20x your stake.
- Tip King - Coming soon. For each round, someone will win the title of tipping king and take home a cash prize.
Australia has strict laws that govern betting site sign-up bonuses. As such, PlayUp cannot advertise any sign-up bonuses to Australian punters who do not have accounts.