Unibet is a well-rounded international betting site with something for every Australian punter. With a top-notch live betting interface, Apple Pay, PayPal, Neteller & Skrill payment options, and some of the best Australian racing and sports odds in the country you’ll definitely have a quality betting experience at Unibet. Unibet Australia is also a top betting site for horse racing and live streaming and the Unibet blog is a great place to find tips and predictions from betting experts.
Unibet Pros & Cons
- Many ways to pay
- Consistently high odds
- Best live betting interface
- Betting app needs work
- Customer support not 24/7
|Deposit methods||Visa, Mastercard, POLi, PayPal, Apple Pay, Ecopayz, Cash-In, Flexepin, BPAY, NETELLER, & Skrill (may vary by state/country)|
|Withdrawal methods||Visa, Mastercard, Bank Transfer, NETELLER, Skrill, & PayPal (may vary by state/country)|
|Betting functions||Live Betting, Cash Out, Live Streaming, Multi Betting|
|Apps||Android (Unibet Site), Apple (App Store)|
|Support||Email, Phone, Live Phone Betting|
Unibet is one of the best betting sites in Australia for a couple of key reasons. For one thing, they offer Aussies the opportunity to bet on over 250,000 different sports markets every year and offer live streams for more than 30,000 different sports events.
Unibet is particularly good for racing, US sports, European sports, and esports with high pre-match, live, and futures odds and a wide variety of player props and specials markets. Unibet lines are normally priced at $1.90 for each side.
Unibet Australia also lets punters deposit with popular eWallets like PayPal, Apple Pay, Neteller, and Skrill, they have a top-notch betting blog with tips and predictions, and they have a decent betting app that is free for both Android and Apple devices.
It's for these reasons, and because of the other things that we mention below, that Unibet should be near the top of your list when looking for a great Australian betting site.
Why we like Unibet ✅
- Unibet has consistently high odds like $1.90 lines & Best + SP or Top Fluc racing odds
- Unibet live-streams thousands of sports every day & their live betting interface is great
- Unibet has a great blog, many ways to pay & special markets including Esports & political bets
Why we don't like Unibet ❌
- Unibet's customer support team is only available 9am to 2am AEST
- Unibet's betting app is not at the same level as others in Australia
Unibet Rating: 9/10 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
What you'll find in this Unibet Review
Unibet Australia FAQ
Why is Unibet a good betting site?
Unibet is one of the best betting sites in Australia because:
- Unibet offers over 250,000 different betting markets every year including match, proposition, and futures bets for 30 different sports
- Unibet has high odds including $1.90 lines for sports and Best Tote + SP odds and Top Fluc options for racing
- Unibet has a quality play-by-play betting interface for live betting on sports as well as thousands of live streaming options
- Unibet is really easy to use especially with their betting blog, racing tips and stats, and sports previews
- Unibet has more payment options than many Australian bookmakers including Skrill, Neteller, PayPal, POLi, BPAY, Cash, Flexepin & more
How does Unibet work?
Unibet works like any regular betting site in Australia.
To bet on Unibet Australia you will need to follow these simple steps:
- Click on one of the links to visit Unibet Australia on this page
- Create a Unibet account and choose if you bet on sports or racing more
- Deposit money onto Unibet using any approved deposit method
- Find a betting market by selecting a sport, a league, and/or a match
- Find odds you like and choose how much money you want to bet
- Place your bet!
What is Unibet?
Unibet is one of the best Australian betting sites.
It is fully licensed in Australia and operates with a Northern Territory gaming license. As a betting site, Unibet allows you to place sports bets on events in Australia, and around the world.
Unibet is a top Aussie betting site because they have competitive odds, lots of fast payment methods like PayPal and Apple Pay, a great blog and heaps of different sports, racing and special markets to choose from.
Who owns Unibet?
Unibet Australia is owned by Kindred Group, an online gambling operator with 11 different iGaming brands including Unibet, Maria Casino and 32 Red.
Unibet came to Australia in 2012 after acquiring Betchoice, an old Australian betting site. Following the merger, Betchoice took on the Unibet branding and also became part of the Kindred Group. Despite this, payments made on Unibet’s betting site are still made to the Betchoice Corporation Pty Ltd.
How do you download the Unibet Android app?
You can download the Unibet Android app from the Unibet Australia website. Go to "features" and then visit the "apps" page.
You must be on the Unibet website on your Android device to access the Android download link.
Unibet’s Android betting app is not on the Google Play Store because Google Play restricts gambling companies from their store in Australia. The Android Unibet app is free to download and built to Unibet’s and Google’s high standards.
What is the Unibet sign-up bonus?
Unibet Australia, like all Australian betting sites, is not allowed to advertise bonuses to attract new Aussie players.
On the Unibet website, it says, "Login to see all of our current Racing Promotions, Sports Promotions & Special Offers."
What Unibet promotions are available in Australia?
Due to Australian law, Unibet cannot advertise sign-up bonuses, or any promotions, to players who are not customers.
To see Unibet promotions you must be logged in to your betting account.
How can you contact Unibet Customer Support?
You can contact Unibet’s customer support via live chat, phone, or email.
After contacting the Unibet Australia customer service team we found them to be fast to reply and knowledgeable but they are not available 24/7. Unibet also has an extensive help center with detailed FAQs to help you find the information you need quickly.
Contact Unibet Australia at:
- Live Chat: Via website (9am to 2am AEST)
- Phone: 1300 246 673
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Betting: 13 78 68 (13 PUNT)
- International Phone: +61 (8) 8943 3488
- International Phone Betting: +61 (8) 8943 3444
How do you cash out on Unibet?
The Unibet Australia cash out function can be found on your Bet Slip and if eligible on the bet you have placed, it will be displayed with a cash-out icon.
The Unibet cash-out feature allows you to secure your winnings on live, pre-match, outright and accumulator bets before the outcome has been decided. When you cash out you can receive more or less than your original stake, depending on how likely Unibet Australia thinks your bet is to win.
Unibet Australia's betting app can be downloaded on both Apple and Android devices. The app is free to download and the download link can be found on the App Store or on the Unibet website for Android devices (note that you have to be on a mobile device to access the Unibet Android download link).
Unibet App Pros ✅
- Free on Apple and Android devices
- Simple and intuitive design
- Pre-match and live betting for hundreds of thousands of sports matches every year
- 24/7 betting on Australian, New Zealand, and international events
- Live scores, statistics, news, and streaming for top football, rugby, tennis, NFL, NBA & more
- Racing odds are in short form
Unibet App Cons ❌
- Can be a little slow at times
- Has minor usability issues
- The Android download link can be hard to find
The Unibet app is better for live betting and live streaming sports events than many other US betting apps
Unibet App Review ⚖️
Unibet’s app offers everything that their desktop site has to offer including thousands of sports betting markets, statistics, news, competitive odds, and of course live streaming. The Unibet app has the added benefit of being simpler to navigate and it also makes taking your bets on the go (or to the bathroom) easy.
Despite this, when some menus or features are open, the app doesn't always respond well and becomes buggy or hard to navigate. So, overall, it's a decent app in theory but deserves a tech app.
- Live Streaming - All the live-streamed events available of the Unibet desktop site are also available on the Unibet mobile app
- Live Betting - Live betting on Unibet is even easier through their app since you have to bet live via the phone in Australia the Unibet live betting call centre is just a click away
- Expert Edge - Unibet’s app has a section where statistics, form, odds fluctuations, and other key metrics related to betting markets are displayed to help you make informed bets
- Mobile Payments - Depending on where you are in Australia, you can access all of your normal Unibet deposit and withdrawal methods including Visa, Master Card, PayPal, Skrill, Apple Pay, NETELLER, POLi & more
Unibet Live Betting
When it comes to live-betting, Unibet is one of the best Australian betting sites that you can choose. We say this because Unibet offers Australian punters the opportunity to bet on over 250,000 thousand different Australian and international sports events every year, and many of these events can be bet on live.
Live betting has plenty of extra advantages.
For one thing, you can wait for a match to start to see how a team, or player is performing before you bet on them. Unibet Australia has plenty of detailed statistics, form and even live streaming options to aid you in making good bets. Another benefit is that odds for live sports matches are changing all the time so you can find additional value, or increased security, if you wait to place your bets.
Unfortunately, live betting on Unibet Australia cannot be done online, or with the mobile app, it has to be done with Unibet's phone betting service. This is because live online betting is illegal in Australia but live phone betting is not.
Unibet's live betting platform let's you access thousands of changing odds, live statistics and live-streams every year
- Sign-Up with Unibet Australia and create a free account (click the link below)
- Find a live betting market by heading to the 'Live Right Now' section of the Unibet site
- Phone 13 7868 (13 PUNT) to place your live bet!
Unibet Live Streaming
Unibet Australia live streams over 30,000 sports every year including matches from top Australian and International leagues and tournaments like Tennis Grand Slams, NBA basketball, NFL football and EPL soccer.
Unibet TV (UTV) is free for all Australian punters provided they have placed a bet in the last 24 hours or they have money in their account. For horse racing, punters will need to place a bet to access the live stream.
Compared to the cost of traditional sports streaming services the cost of Unibet Live Streaming is nothing - plus you get the added benefit of staying up to date with a match should you want to place an informed bet!
Unibet live streaming of sports and racing is available to all users if they are logged in and have placed a bet within the last 24 hours
Unibet Live Streaming Australia
Unibet Australia customers can watch and bet on 30,000+ different live-streamed events every year including La Liga, Seria A, Bundesliga, NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, CS:GO, Dota 2, LoL, ... Read more
The Unibet Australia racing page on their betting site looks as you would expect from a top Australian bookmaker like Unibet.
You'll see the next races to run, as well as featured meets at the top of the page. Below you'll find all of today's thoroughbred, harness and greyhound races in the typical grid format Aussie punters are used to seeing.
If you want, you can look a few days into the future to place bets on races taking place later in the week and you'll also find futures and specials for big race meets on Unibet racing.
Unibet Australia also offers live streaming for racing if you are signed in to your account
The best things about Unibet Racing are:
- Live Streaming: Unibet offers live streaming for thousands of races every year and their streaming of international races is especially comprehensive.
- Results, News Tips, Insights: If you want to make informed bets you'll want to stay on top of the latest racing news and information. You'll find everything from statistics, to form and racing news on Unibet Racing.
- Unibet Help Centre: If you're new to racing, or need a refresher, you'll find heaps of helpful information at the Unibet help centre which means that you can get started, or get back to placing winning bets in no time.
- Racing Guides & Blog: Past, present and future racing are covered on Unibet's racing blog. Learn everything you need to know about the Caulfield Cup or Melbourne Cup is available and you'll even find tips for more obscure, smaller races on the Unibet Blog.
The Unibet blog is updated with new articles, tips and previews every day. The Unibet Blog is part of Unibet's "By Punters, For Punters" slogan and helps you stay up to date and informed on the latest news and happenings in the sports and racing world.
We think that the Unibet Australia blog is a huge plus for this betting site especially considering other Aussie bookies don't have blogs.
Unibet's racing previews, predictions, tips and guides are especially extensive and great for an Aussie who wants to have a flutter online.
You'll find plenty of helpful news and predictions for racing and sports betting on the Unibet Blog
How to use Unibet Australia
Unibet has been around for over 20 years and as such, they developed an easy-to-use betting site with heaps of features and betting markets to choose from. There is something for every Australian bettor on Unibet, from live betting markets to heaps of horse racing odds great specials markets (for political and entertainment bets) and free-to-play prediction games.
Before you get started with Unibet Australia you will need to sign-up and log in.
1. Unibet Australia Sign-Up
Creating an Australian Unibet account is easy.
- Click on one of the Unibet buttons on this page
- Select ‘Register’ on the Unibet Australia website
- Enter your basic personal information and create a password (see more below)
- Add funds to your account and start playing!
- Choose whether you bet mostly on sports or racing (was previously used to determine which cash bonus you would receive after sign-up)
- First & Last Name(s)
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- Country of Residence
- Security Question & Answer
- Opt in to Receive Bonuses
2. Unibet Australia Log In
As you would probably expect, the Unibet log-in process is simple, just enter your email and password and click ‘Log in’.
You can also save your password for faster log-in in the future.
3. Unibet Australia Verification
Unibet will automatically try to verify your account based on the information you provide upon sign-up. If they are unable to automatically verify your Unibet account then they will send you an email asking you to verify your account online.
This needs to be done within 14 days otherwise your account will be suspended (you can still access your account but you will not be able to place bets).
Account verification is required by the Australian government and helps protect you, and Unibet from scams and underage gambling.
In order to verify your Unibet account, you will need to complete a two-step process. You can find the Unibet verification process in the ‘Verify Account’ section of the Unibet site.
To verify your Unibet account you will need to upload scans/photos of the following documents:
Proof of identity must be in one of the three following forms:
- Valid driving license (front and back)
- Valid passport (full double-page)
- Valid national ID card (front and back)
Proof of address must show your full name and address as well as the company logo and have to be dated within the last three months.
Valid proof of address documents include:
- An official letter from your bank (a letter, a bank statement or a credit card statement)
- An official letter from your government (police, magistrate, tax office or population registry)
- Utility bill (Unibet can accept water, electricity, gas, broadband or TV package bills but not a mobile phone bill)
4. Unibet Australia Payment Methods
Unibet offers Australian punters heaps of deposit and withdrawal methods, but the availability of these methods are dependent on your state/country.
Therefore, it is hard for us to know exactly what betting payment methods will be available to you, as we can only see our own payment methods.
- Apple Pay
- Bank Transfer
5. How to Place a Bet on Unibet Australia
When you are on the Unibet site you will see a lot of information. That’s because Unibet Australia offers thousands of different bets to Aussies every day.
At the top of the Unibet sports betting homepage you can navigate between Unibet Sports, Racing, Promotions, Features and Blog.
Under this, you will be able to choose between sports bets or statistics and live scores.
Below you can also filter what you see by events that are Live Right Now, Upcoming or that can be Streamed. You’ll also be able to see all of your current bets in the My Bets section, including whether Cash Out is available.
On the left-hand side of the betting site you will find popular and all sports that you can bet on. If you click on any of these sports you will see all of the available leagues and markets you can choose from.
To place a bet on Unibet Australia, find the match you want to bet on by choosing it from the menu or by using the search bar in the top right-hand corner of the site.
You can filter between popular, and smaller betting markets by choosing your bet type.
Then you’ll want to select the odds you want to place your bet at.
You’ll see the bet appears in your bet slip where you can enter your stake and see how much you are eligible to win if your bet succeeds.
Note that you will need funds in your account to place a bet on Unibet. You can access your account information by clicking on the yellow Account button in the top right-hand corner of the site.
You want to place a $20 bet on an NRL match between the Brisbane Broncos and the North Queensland Cowboys.
You can find all of the betting markets for the NRL by heading to All Sports (left of screen) and then selecting Rugby League. Alternatively, choose NRL from the list of Popular Sports.
Once you have selected the NRL, you will see all available matches and futures that you can bet on.
You want to place a bet on the Cowboys to win and see that the odds are 1.85. You think there is good value with this bet so you click on the 1.85 win odds.
Your bet slip will open and you must enter $20 in the white box. You will see that your potential payout is $37 if the Cowboys win.
Now you can click Place Bet and you're all set!
🕘 How do you do Unibet live betting?
You will see all of the available live betting markets on Unibet under the Live Right Now section of the sportsbook. However, you will find that if you try to select a bet a message will appear telling you the event has already started.
To place a live bet on Unibet Australia you will need to call 13 PUNT (13 7868). Unfortunately, live betting online is illegal in Australia so you have to do it over the phone.
🖥 How do you access Unibet live streaming?
To watch a sports event live on Unibet Australia you need to have funds in your account.
The match also needs to be offered as a live stream.
You will see that all of the available live-streamed matches are in the Streaming section of the Unibet betting site or are displayed with a green television icon.
Unibet live streams more than 30,000 sports events for Australians every year and events include Major Tennis Open matches, Football, Cricket, Rugby, NFL, NBA and other American sports matches.
Note that because Australia's gambling laws prohibit the advertisement of bonuses to potential customers, Unibet cannot tell you what promotions they offer unless you are logged in. It is free and easy to sign-up with Unibet.
💵 Unibet Deposit Bonus
Before 2019 betting regulations came into effect we found that it was common practice for betting sites like Unibet to offer deposit bonuses to customers after signing-up. Now Unibet cannot advertise any promotions of this kind to players who are not logged in.
✍️ Unibet Sign-Up Bonus
As mentioned throughout this review. Unibet, like all Australian betting sites, cannot advertise sign-up bonuses to their customers because of Australia's strict gambling laws.
🔢 Unibet Bonus Code
You might have seen links claiming to give you Unibet bonus codes online. It is likely that these are fake or that they are for other countries because Australia's gambling laws mostly restrict these kinds of advertisements.
✍️ Is there a Unibet Sign-Up Offer?
We are not allowed to advertise Unibet sign-up bonuses on this website.
Unibet’s customer support team can be contacted via live chat, phone or email. The Unibet Australia customer support team is available during waking hours in Australia (9 am to 2 am AEST).
- Live Chat: Via website (9 am to 2 am AEST)
- Phone: 1300 246 673
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone Betting: 13 78 68 (13 PUNT)
- International Phone: +61 (8) 8943 3488
- International Phone Betting: +61 (8) 8943 3444
We had some questions for the Unibet support staff and we found that they were knowledgeable, friendly and quick to reply. Unibet Australia also has a help centre with a detailed FAQ section to help you find all the information that you need.
Unibet vs. Other Australian Betting Sites
Unibet & Bet365 are our two favourite betting sites but which one is #1? We do an in-depth comparison to finally answer the question - what is the BEST betting site in Australia? Read more
Unibet vs. Betfair - Two of Australia's best small betting sites but which one has better odds, more markets, the most payment options and the best apps? Find out here! Read more